Sunday, March 8, 2009

Laminate Lament










I’ve learned a new skill during my second week of Katrina rebuilding. I can now lay laminate flooring! The house we worked on this week required all new flooring plus a total rebuild of the enclosed carport. Water had risen as high as the window sills. The first day I assisted in laying the flooring, but from the second day on, I was on my own! Drew manned the saw, cutting for me and another guy working on the floors. The other two couples with us at this house worked on rebuilding the add-on. Our floors are almost finished, but it will take another week to complete the carport room. Believe it or not, Drew and I have decided to stay yet another week! Hey, we didn’t want to get to California until Spring anyway!
[You can learn more about NOMADS at: NOMADSUMC.org]

No comments: